2002 wrx catalytic converter help

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx catalytic converter help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Long story short, it is a Florida car and did not need emissions. Im from Pa and i need emissions. ...

2002 wrx catalytic converter help

Long story short, it is a Florida car and did not need emissions. Im from Pa and i need emissions. Car never had a catalytic converter so I need to get one.

What kind will I need to pass emissions. Links would be great. Rough Idea how much labor will cost and what are the chance it will pass?

Ty

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You may be able to find a used one in your area, look around a bit. And they aren't hard to put on, you can do it in your garage in about 1 hours time if your looking at buying a catted downpipe.
    Hawk-eye Alliance #156

Is there anyway of getting around to not having the put on a cat? I really dont want to. Its going to cost me alot of $$$.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by n8n8n8
    Is there anyway of getting around to not having the put on a cat? I really dont want to. Its going to cost me alot of $$$.
    Depends on the testing done in your municipality, and how strict the inspector is. In NY, half the time the tech doesn't bother putting the car on the lift for a visual inspection (annual one is required); as long as your car passes OBDII, you're good.

Stock downpipes are a dime a dozen, and usually pretty cheap. On my local board, usually $50 can land you one.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC