Grinding noise?

This is a discussion on Grinding noise? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Calibers were painted red for show, had some paint laying around so used caliber paint and now when i drove ...

Grinding noise?

Calibers were painted red for show, had some paint laying around so used caliber paint and now when i drove it around i heard this grinding sound coming from the passenger front side when i accelerate it sounds as if its getting a little louder i defiantly hear it definitively when i turn the wheel to the left slightly, i asked around and i got back the response of something that could be just stuck on the pad if paint got stuck somewhere could that be possible to make the sound?

sounds like something could be scraping or grinding

any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What is a caliber? I assume you mean caliper.

If it was the brakes making the noise then it wouldn't matter that you turn the wheel. Sounds like something else is rubbing.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

yeah i even checked the shield behind it to see if its rubbing and it has clearance so i am shootin in the dark right about now

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    What is a caliber? I assume you mean caliper.

If it was the brakes making the noise then it wouldn't matter that you turn the wheel. Sounds like something else is rubbing.
    when i drive the car i do hear the scraping sound and then when i turn the wheel its more defined and slightly louder, this problem didn't come out till after i did this

I Support ClubWRX

Wink

That's your brake shield, i had the same noise while ago.
    Just take off wheel, and pry that shield 0.5 inch away from rotors, it also might be a rock there. 10 minutes to fix that.

Or another option, unscrew those heatshields and take it for a drive.
    Good luck
    No matter how smart you are, there is always someone better.

Quote Originally Posted by volodyalysak View Post
    That's your brake shield, i had the same noise while ago.
    Just take off wheel, and pry that shield 0.5 inch away from rotors, it also might be a rock there. 10 minutes to fix that.

Or another option, unscrew those heatshields and take it for a drive.
    Good luck
    SH** JUST GOT REAL....

Driving my GF home and all of a sudden BAM i hear this really bad grinding sound coming from the passenger side of the car... it sounded like i was going over rumble strips and felt like it too, i pulled over and checked if my lug nuts were loose in the pouring rain and everyone was tight, could a rock really do this amount of damage to shake it so badly?

what are the signs of a torn cv joint or a broken one, whatever they do or a tie rod because there was a certain mph i was going and it would bring back the sound of it...