first oil change

This is a discussion on first oil change within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone. happy to be a new member of the forum and a new subaru owner. picked up a 2010 ...

first oil change

Hey everyone. happy to be a new member of the forum and a new subaru owner. picked up a 2010 wrx limited, and im a few ticks off 3k miles. Want to do my first oil change. I've got a case of MOBIL 1 syth, a oem oil filter, and a new drain plug washer...is there anything else i need? anyone have any tips before i go?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    is there anything else i need?
    The dated receipts for your files in order to prove the maintenance was done for warranty purposes.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Wait you are doing your first oil change at 3k miles? Aren't you suppose to do the first one at 500 miles?

first oil change

Quote Originally Posted by armindk View Post
    Wait you are doing your first oil change at 3k miles? Aren't you suppose to do the first one at 500 miles?
    the 2010 booklet states first oil change required at 3k, and then all other changes required every 3750 miles

I see. I have been used to the 500 mile oil change then the 1000 then 3000 from then on.

i read on another thread that i need to pre-lube the turbo before startup...is that necessary? how do i do that?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by armindk View Post
    I see. I have been used to the 500 mile oil change then the 1000 then 3000 from then on.
    I believe that's called "overkill". As is the 3k interval oil change.

Maybe it's different on a new engine than a rebuilt engine but I would like to get the metal scarping and the assembly lube left over out of the engine after 500 miles with an oil change.