Noise coming from middle bottom of wrx

This is a discussion on Noise coming from middle bottom of wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; k guys so got a ? theres a noise and vibration coming from my car, in first second and third ...

Noise coming from middle bottom of wrx

k guys so got a ? theres a noise and vibration coming from my car, in first second and third if my car has a load on the tranny and im at low rpm and give it gas it makes a grinding noice and sounds like the carrier bearing, my car also shakes a little and my shifter shakes like crazy, but if i mat it it doesnt do it. I got under the car and checked the bearing and there is alot of play, now i dont know if there is supposed to be play in the bearing or not but im guessing no, can anyone help me out here and tell whats up thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your carrier bearing should be able to move a little bit cause your drivetrain move naturally durring driving... and if your center carrier bearing is shot its non serviceable so you'll have to replace the whole driveline... if I were you id get undernieth it again and check all your mounts and your exhaust too... I hope this helps and good luck...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner62388 View Post
    k guys so got a ? theres a noise and vibration coming from my car, in first second and third if my car has a load on the tranny and im at low rpm and give it gas it makes a grinding noice and sounds like the carrier bearing, my car also shakes a little and my shifter shakes like crazy, but if i mat it it doesnt do it. I got under the car and checked the bearing and there is alot of play, now i dont know if there is supposed to be play in the bearing or not but im guessing no, can anyone help me out here and tell whats up thanks guys!
    How many miles are on the vehicle? Say you are cruising along at like 40 mph in 3rd gear and your foot is on the gas..do you hear the noise? how about if your foot is off the gas in 3rd at 40 mph is the noise present? Is the clutch chattering/slipping at all? Does the vehicle pop out of gear? Are you 100% sure the noise is only present in the first 3 gears?

it doesnt do it when i let off the gas or when its out of gear. 115000 on the rear end and driveshaft, tranny and clutch are brand new along with the engine. it will do it is forth sometimes rarley though and never in 5th. my clutch never chatters or slips.

this ones for the guy in the black scooby, i got underneith and checked all my mounts and nothing is broken and my exhaust is nice and tight, its deff not the exhaust if you drove it you can here that its in the drivetrain, when i checked the carrier bearing i could move it like an inch in any direction and when i let go it would go back to the center, now when you say replace the driveline are you talking about the whole drive shaft system.

it doesnt do it when i let off the gas or when its out of gear. 115000 on the rear end and driveshaft, tranny and clutch are brand new along with the engine. it will do it is forth sometimes rarley though and never in 5th. my clutch never chatters or slips.
    Mine only has 57K on it and there is a little bit of play and clatter at WOT... I took it into the dealer about this and they said its still okay but it will needv to be replaced eventually... are you sure its not on your exhaust ie loose hanger or bent heat shield?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

i dont think so because when it happens it makes my shifter shake like crazy and my whole car to

i dont think so because when it happens it makes my shifter shake like crazy and my whole car to
    Have you checked your bushings on your gear box and all your mounts?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I dont mean to throw a red flag up and I'm not saying its this for sure but it sounds like a pinion bearing inside the trans...I do realize you mentioned you have a new trans in it... was the trans rebuilt or shipped brand new?...

ya i checked all my bushings and mounts and there all good and it was doing this before i had the tranny replaced, wish i could pin point it