Gas smell when AC is on MY07 WRX... Please Help!

This is a discussion on Gas smell when AC is on MY07 WRX... Please Help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i've been smelling the strong smell of gas in the cabin off and on for a few weeks now, ...

Gas smell when AC is on MY07 WRX... Please Help!

So i've been smelling the strong smell of gas in the cabin off and on for a few weeks now, it has only happened twice and only when i had the AC for a prolonged period of time...

when i pop the hood there is no fuel leaking anywhere... it's driving me nuts, can anyone help with this?

i read about the MY02 wrx getting the smell in cold weather but it has been in the 80's and 90's here.
    2007 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX TR
    3" Catless TBE, Protune, Tein Springs, TurboXs MBC, Apexi Turbo Timer.
    HawkEye Alliance #187
    Vote for my group UNTAM3D's new single "Gotta Go" to get rotation on 96.1 FM Radio!
    VOTE FOR US NOW!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Considering i always have my AC on i don't think it has anything to do with the AC, i have noticed i smell it right after i fill up the tank...
    2007 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX TR
    3" Catless TBE, Protune, Tein Springs, TurboXs MBC, Apexi Turbo Timer.
    HawkEye Alliance #187
    Vote for my group UNTAM3D's new single "Gotta Go" to get rotation on 96.1 FM Radio!
    VOTE FOR US NOW!

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    There may be some spillage after you fill up your tank that's kinda just sitting around for a bit. I imagine it goes away after a while, right? It takes a little bit for gas to evaporate. You'll notice a small hole near the filler, that's a drain for when gas over flows a bit, it drains down the back of the rear wheelwell, so if it gets caught in there anywhere it could be causing the smell.

Could also be some of the gas fumes getting sucked into your air system while you're pulling in, and it just stays in the car for a while. I know some gas stations have more of a gas smell than others.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!