Help is desired

This is a discussion on Help is desired within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am in desperate need of a motor, I would prefer a USDM EJ20 with less than 95,000 miles. The ...

Help is desired

I am in desperate need of a motor, I would prefer a USDM EJ20 with less than 95,000 miles. The cheapest I have found is 2400 but I know there has to be a better deal out there somewhere.

JDM motors are too much of a hassle IMO but if you can find one of those that's fine as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Look, all I'm lookin for as of now is a motor that will swap in to my car with less than 80,xxx miles and 2,800 dollars. I've found a few so I know they're out there. Any help would be awesome.

I Support ClubWRX
    Calm down Cochise. If nobody has answered is because they don't have what you want. Either search the NASIOC classifieds (regional ones) or find one local here www.car-part.com
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

lol yeah I was gettin irritable earlier today because it is KILLING me to not have my car and jeez it's just stressful lol...

Basically I'm having trouble finding somewhere that actually sells motors for reasonable prices, I don't need anything suped up, a stock motor will do fine.

Also would the jdm ej20g from the 96 wrx sti work in our car? It includes tranny, motor, ecu, basically a complete swap for 2,000.... Any input on that matter would be helpful as well.

thanks.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The EJ20G may be a bit more than you bargain for when swapping it in, there's going to be some electrical work no matter how you look at it.

Go with what Donkey said, look here in the classified section as well as on NASIOC. Put up a wanted thread and describe what you're looking for. NASIOC is so huge, I can almost gurantee somebody has a motor for you.

Also, depending on what's wrong with yours, you may want to look into just the shortblock. You'll have to swap the heads on, but you'll be looking at spending less money that way.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I had that thought in mind as well, I can get a 2.0 shortblock for 1200 and it's mildly built. It mostly depends on whether my heads are f'ed up or not, I haven't had the time to tear down my motor yet. My worry is that my heads are messed up along with my turbo, and if that's the case I have no idea what else was affected (i.e. aftermarket parts like intercooler and oil catch can)

Guess I'll just have to wait and see.... but I'm actually searchin around Nasioc right now searchin away lol