Alarm stuck on on my 06 impreza
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Alarm stuck on on my 06 impreza within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey So my alarm became stuck on so Now I can't start it. I've tried reseting the alarm system but ...

Question Alarm stuck on on my 06 impreza

Hey So my alarm became stuck on so Now I can't start it. I've tried reseting the alarm system but it didn't work. Does anyone know how I can bypass it so I can drive my car? Thanks, Kevin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamshotnuts View Post
    Hey So my alarm became stuck on so Now I can't start it. I've tried reseting the alarm system but it didn't work. Does anyone know how I can bypass it so I can drive my car? Thanks, Kevin

Did you remove the battery for the keyfob?

If I remember correctly...
    Remove the battery from the keyfob.
    Open the door. The alarm will go off.
    Turn your key on and off 3x in a row and the alarm should stop.
    Start your car.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I just tried that but no change. Is there another way to bypass it?

I Support ClubWRX
    I just tried that but no change. Is there another way to bypass it?
    is it the stock subaru alarm?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Yep. Its also a limited if that makes a difference.

so the alarm is constantly just beeping and beeping and audible alarm is going off....you have the cycle the key extremely fast for the alarm to stop (from position 1 to position 3 )..

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    so the alarm is constantly just beeping and beeping and audible alarm is going off....you have the cycle the key extremely fast for the alarm to stop (from position 1 to position 3 )..
    Yes the alarm is going off, but when I try to cycle it it still won't start. It seems to have enough battery power, but could a low batt. Have something to do with it? Also is there a plug or something I can just disconnect?

Yes the alarm is going off, but when I try to cycle it it still won't start. It seems to have enough battery power, but could a low batt. Have something to do with it? Also is there a plug or something I can just disconnect?
    You could disconnect the battery in the vehicle until you get it figured out. When you cycle the key does the alarm turn off? than after the alarm is off the car wont start? or are you attempting to start the car when the alarm is going off?

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    You could disconnect the battery in the vehicle until you get it figured out. When you cycle the key does the alarm turn off? than after the alarm is off the car wont start? or are you attempting to start the car when the alarm is going off?
    I've tried cycling it both when the alarm is going off and after it's done. If I try it when it's going off it doesn't stop it. Both ways won't take the alarm off.

Bump. Any other way to disconnect it?

I also need help disabling my alarm it won't stop I recently got into an accident where my trunk won't close which leaves the trunk light open and it kills my battery...so i have a jumpstarter and as soon as i plug it in the alarm goes off and my remote isn't working...so for the time being i have to disconnect my alarm...any help would be appreciated

Insert the key into ignition switch and cycle it from the lock to the on position three times within 5 seconds . Page 2-16 owners man 06 wrx limited

I've tried that multiple times and it's sill on.

I have the same problem so here's what I did to get around it. While the battery neg terminal is disconnected, Remove the console piece around your emergency brake, the you will see a small box that has "Subaru Security" on it, simply unplug that box and you will have your car back. Now What exactly is wrong with the security system I cant tell you But I know this will allow you to drive your car.When you find out what has happened or how to fix it please let me know. Oh, and by the way, I had to replace my car battery when this started on my car. As soon as I hooked the new battery up.."BEEP BEEP BEEP" so that you know.
    '03 WRX (Blue) COBB AP Stage 2 SPT Intake TBE
    Blitz BOV / 17" Enkie RSV's (Gold)
    ProDrive Coilovers and much more to come...

Ok so I took off the center counsel and all that I see is a airbag control module. Where is this box in relation to the e-brake lever?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast