CEL codes p2444 and p2443 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on CEL codes p2444 and p2443 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex Thank you Sinister, I really do appreciate all your help. One last question, can I just ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Thank you Sinister, I really do appreciate all your help.

One last question, can I just remove the fuse and/or relay to turn it off (and hopefully the CEL codes)? I know I can do a hard reset on the ECU, but I don't like doing that cause it messes with my MPG's and performance...

Do you have an Accessport?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Do you have an Accessport?
    NO... Anub1s flashed my map with his computer and tactrix...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    NO... Anub1s flashed my map with his computer and tactrix...
    Then get him to let you borrow the tactrix so you can disable the "diagnostic trouble codes"
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Then get him to let you borrow the tactrix so you can disable the "diagnostic trouble codes"
    Already planning on it, and will be disabling the DTC's in the map tonight.

Craig, I'm not sure if the fuse is JUST for the pump, but if it is, I'd say go ahead and remove it, you will get the CEL, but we can take care of that no problem. If you can make time tomorrow night I can be sure to bring the lappy and my cable and flash you while I'm on break at work.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

update...
    i took the car in and they told me that the emissions warranty does not cover it or my extened warranty... I also contacted SOA and they told me that the coverage varries from state to state, so it looks like I have to shell out $750 for the part unless I can find a used one... Anyone have any suggestions?
    I also have to replace the relay as well...

Alright now I'm pissed. How could they turn down your warranty? I would fawking rip them a new one. Good luck though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Good man. If the pump is removed... I don't see a reason to pull any fuses.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I Support ClubWRX
    Good man. If the pump is removed... I don't see a reason to pull any fuses.
    There won't be, but the pump is still on the car from what I understand, though with the CEL disabled there won't be any reason to pull the fuse. Probably a good idea to just keep the fuse in there as it will toss that code at you regardless.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Craig, I'm not sure if the fuse is JUST for the pump, but if it is, I'd say go ahead and remove it, you will get the CEL, but we can take care of that no problem. If you can make time tomorrow night I can be sure to bring the lappy and my cable and flash you while I'm on break at work.
    allright cool... thanks man... What time do you have free tommarow? I work from 8am to 4:30pm...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Quote Originally Posted by armindk View Post
    Alright now I'm pissed. How could they turn down your warranty? I would fawking rip them a new one. Good luck though.
    Yeah... this really pisses me off due to Subaru's claims of being an enviromently friendly company and they are always advertising how thier manufacturing plants are "green"... sounds like a bunch of BS to me... Yeah, I could see dening my claim if I were out hot rodding it and blew up the motor, but I'm not some little 16 year old who goes out blowing the doors off of anything short of a chevy aveo... Its a ****ing emissions issue, not an abuse issue!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

There won't be, but the pump is still on the car from what I understand, though with the CEL disabled there won't be any reason to pull the fuse. Probably a good idea to just keep the fuse in there as it will toss that code at you regardless.
    is there a way to leave the unit in the car and just deleting it from the ECU so it doesn't function or throw codes at me so If I do take it in they wont be questioning if something was removed?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I Support ClubWRX
    is there a way to leave the unit in the car and just deleting it from the ECU so it doesn't function or throw codes at me so If I do take it in they wont be questioning if something was removed?
    Not that I'm aware of. I think there's a relay that controls the whole thing, not the ECU, but the ECU does monitor it of course. If you disconnect it and block it off, you can keep the unit in there so it looks stock at least. You may be able to mount up the piping to their respective locations and just put the blocking plates in between the two, might need longer bolts though.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Not that I'm aware of. I think there's a relay that controls the whole thing, not the ECU, but the ECU does monitor it of course. If you disconnect it and block it off, you can keep the unit in there so it looks stock at least. You may be able to mount up the piping to their respective locations and just put the blocking plates in between the two, might need longer bolts though.
    yeah the relay is sending constant power to it and it makes the pump run constantly and the diverter valves are stuck open...
    So if I were to remove the relay would it just shut it off and would I still get the CEL codes if I were to reset the ecu again?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah the relay is sending constant power to it and it makes the pump run constantly and the diverter valves are stuck open...
    So if I were to remove the relay would it just shut it off and would I still get the CEL codes if I were to reset the ecu again?
    Not really sure to be honest. I'm pretty sure it would throw the code, since it wouldn't be responding to the ECU's pings, but I'm not 100% on that. Having the CEL on isn't too big of an issue though, that part isn't going to throw you into limp mode or anything, it's just annoying and disables your cruise.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Not really sure to be honest. I'm pretty sure it would throw the code, since it wouldn't be responding to the ECU's pings, but I'm not 100% on that. Having the CEL on isn't too big of an issue though, that part isn't going to throw you into limp mode or anything, it's just annoying and disables your cruise.
    Yeah... I had to turn it off prior to driving back up from monument valley... I would've gone insane staring at 2 lights 1 of which blinking and preventing me from using cruise on a 7 hour drive...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah... I had to turn it off prior to driving back up from monument valley... I would've gone insane staring at 2 lights 1 of which blinking and preventing me from using cruise on a 7 hour drive...lol
    Can't blame you there, I had mine blinking at me a couple of weeks ago just driving around town and it nearly drove me insane.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast