CEL codes p2444 and p2443 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on CEL codes p2444 and p2443 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex update... I called the dealership and they said that it would be covered under the emissions ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    update...
    I called the dealership and they said that it would be covered under the emissions warranty if it were registered in california, but I'm in utah so they said it wouldn't be covered...
    Wrong. Absolutely wrong. They're full of sh!t.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    do you all have a second subaru dealership in the area?

The warranty is from subaru of america... Not subaru of california.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

yeah there are 3 of them that I know here in salt lake county.
    I'll call a different dealership and play dumb to see what they say about it...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah there are 3 of them that I know here in salt lake county.
    I'll call a different dealership and play dumb to see what they say about it...
    I'd say, "I have a check engine light, and I'm under warranty. When can I make an appointment?"

That's all you need to say.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I Support ClubWRX
    update...
    I called the dealership and they said that it would be covered under the emissions warranty if it were registered in california, but I'm in utah so they said it wouldn't be covered...
    Contact SOA and tell them letting their cars fail emissions requirements is unacceptable anywhere on the planet. Tell them the environment and our natural resources are important to you and you had believed based on their reputation that these things were important to them also.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

update...
    i took the car in and they told me that the emissions warranty does not cover it or my extened warranty... I also contacted SOA and they told me that the coverage varries from state to state, so it looks like I have to shell out $750 for the part unless I can find a used one... Anyone have any suggestions?
    I also have to replace the relay as well...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

I Support ClubWRX
    update...
    i took the car in and they told me that the emissions warranty does not cover it or my extened warranty... I also contacted SOA and they told me that the coverage varries from state to state, so it looks like I have to shell out $750 for the part unless I can find a used one... Anyone have any suggestions?
    I also have to replace the relay as well...
    Yeah.. I have a suggestion. Remove the damned thing, and get blocking plates for super cheap.

Or get in a fight with SOA. Your choice. I wouldn't take that crap. You're under the 5yr 60,000 mile warranty and the 8yr 80,000 mile emissions warranty... and they won't cover it? I'm calling b.s.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Contact SOA and tell them letting their cars fail emissions requirements is unacceptable anywhere on the planet. Tell them the environment and our natural resources are important to you and you had believed based on their reputation that these things were important to them also.
    This^^
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Yeah.. I have a suggestion. Remove the damned thing, and get blocking plates for super cheap.

Or get in a fight with SOA. Your choice. I wouldn't take that crap. You're under the 5yr 60,000 mile warranty and the 8yr 80,000 mile emissions warranty... and they won't cover it? I'm calling b.s.
    I would like to get rid of the knuckle splitter alltogether... is it hard to remove and are the plates hard to install?
    By removing it, Will I get CEL's or have a problem with emissions?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

Bump
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

Bump...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I Support ClubWRX
    I would like to get rid of the knuckle splitter alltogether... is it hard to remove and are the plates hard to install?
    By removing it, Will I get CEL's or have a problem with emissions?
    They say that the driver's side, and the vacuum pump are cake. Apparently the passenger's side is close to the up pipe and will take some cursing.

You'll get CEL's, but they can be removed via flash.
    You shouldn't have any problems with emissions... they're for startup emissions, and most emissions places shouldn't know about them
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    They say that the driver's side, and the vacuum pump are cake. Apparently the passenger's side is close to the up pipe and will take some cursing.

You'll get CEL's, but they can be removed via flash.
    You shouldn't have any problems with emissions... they're for startup emissions, and most emissions places shouldn't know about them
    Would I have to remove the ic? Where can I buy the blocking plates from?
    If I were just to remove the relay and or fuse would it prevent it from comming on at all?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I Support ClubWRX
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Thank you Sinister, I really do appreciate all your help.

One last question, can I just remove the fuse and/or relay to turn it off (and hopefully the CEL codes)? I know I can do a hard reset on the ECU, but I don't like doing that cause it messes with my MPG's and performance...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.