FMIC Problems
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on FMIC Problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i Have a stock 2002 wrx that i purchased a used FMIC system for. I hooked it all up ...

Question FMIC Problems

So i Have a stock 2002 wrx that i purchased a used FMIC system for. I hooked it all up and just deleted the bov system until the adapter that i ordered comes in. And for some reason with the FMIC system my car doesn't build any boost. Is the turbo to small for the system or what? please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Whoa, whoa, whoa....you did what now? Is there, or is there not a BOV currently installed in the FMIC piping?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

There isn't a bov the hose just goes straight into the intake

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX

Uninstall the FMIC. Sell it. Learn about your car 1st before wastefully spending money on it like that. Research heavily before buying anything in the future.

Even when working properly, a FMIC is a performance decrease on your car.

There are multiple problems with your car right now that I can point out that shows you have no business modifying it with what you know about cars at the moment. I heavily suggest that you not drive the car until it's returned to stock. It's not necessarily a bash, but at the moment with the way your car is set up by you, you are risking having to rebuild your motor.
    Last edited by brfatal; 06-24-2010 at 11:46 PM.

well i plan on upgrading the turbo, do you still think that i should sell the kit.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kevins_list View Post
    well i plan on upgrading the turbo, do you still think that i should sell the kit.
    Like I said, you're in way over your head already and have no idea what you're doing. Until you're better versed in automotive engineering and modification, the idea of upgrading your turbo needs to be vaporized from your mind. I see extremely expensive repairs in your future if you choose to ignore me on the points I've made thus far.

Never ever surpass your level of understanding when it comes to modding. You will waste money and cause yourself nothing but headaches.
    Last edited by brfatal; 06-24-2010 at 11:50 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm with brfatal, though it may come across as being rude or mean spirited, he's looking out for your best interest here.

The way you have your FMIC set up right now is entirely the problem, and even if you were building boost, you'd ruin your turbo quickly. You can keep the FMIC kit if you want, but I think you'll be doing yourself a disservice by keeping it. Sell it and get what money you can get out of it, research EVERYTHING you can about modifying Subarus and then decide what path to go down.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    I'm with brfatal, though it may come across as being rude or mean spirited, he's looking out for your best interest here.

The way you have your FMIC set up right now is entirely the problem, and even if you were building boost, you'd ruin your turbo quickly. You can keep the FMIC kit if you want, but I think you'll be doing yourself a disservice by keeping it. Sell it and get what money you can get out of it, research EVERYTHING you can about modifying Subarus and then decide what path to go down.
    The most pressing concerns are the multiple intake tract leaks he has. He's running lean and rich at the moment.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    The most pressing concerns are the multiple intake tract leaks he has. He's running lean and rich at the moment.
    That it is. I'm sure there's a big gaping hole there where the BOV should be.

OP, do NOT start your car again until you reinstall the TMIC.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

okay so once i sell it what path would you suggest i take as in modifying?

I Support ClubWRX
    That, really is a choice only you can make. There are many threads on this forum and others that describe ways people have gone.

For you, I'd suggest looking up a Stage 2 setup. This involves installing a turbo back exhaust and getting some form of engine management, of which, there are many, and again you will need to research.

Start here:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...hp?t=134325261

and

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...hp?t=134320489

and

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ad.php?t=80872

and

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...hp?t=134320489
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

Start reading. Some of it is outdated and some parts are actually wrong (not much if though), but for educational purposes it does it's job very well. It is an excellent guide to go by and can help you figure out what you need to look for when researching on your own. I will say that most of what you will learn will either be from lurking in forums and actually being around Subaru enthusiasts who know their stuff.

[edit] If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by brfatal; 06-25-2010 at 12:14 AM.

Your poor scooby.. just look at this as a learning experience. If you want a front mount id look into going stage 2, and upgradeing your suspension and tires. If your not satisfied with a good stage 2 tune look into turbo/fuel upgrades. Then youll get good gains with every part you install.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Seriously, I'd listen to these guys. Without research, you're going to do serious trouble to your Subie. Stop, take time to understand, research, read anything that you want to do. More and more subies are damaged by this everyday, don't add your car to the list.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.