hydro locked??? help - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on hydro locked??? help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Definitely not hydrolocked, but it could still be damaged. If ANY water got inside the combustion chambers it can cause ...

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Definitely not hydrolocked, but it could still be damaged. If ANY water got inside the combustion chambers it can cause massive problems. Water doesn't compress like air does.

Get those codes pulled and we can help from there, but at this point, it's anyones guess. The loss of power when driving can be related to a lot of things, but I'm not going to rule out engine damage. I'd really look into a compression test if I were you.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Definitely not hydrolocked, but it could still be damaged. If ANY water got inside the combustion chambers it can cause massive problems. Water doesn't compress like air does.

Get those codes pulled and we can help from there, but at this point, it's anyones guess. The loss of power when driving can be related to a lot of things, but I'm not going to rule out engine damage. I'd really look into a compression test if I were you.
    Alright ill check into that. Also when it was running, started to make a really loud screeching noise. Did this for about 5 seconds then stopped. Only seems to be doign this when its idling. After this occured, i checked the oil and its like a brown color, kinda like cofee with cream would be u know. Cant really explain what the color is like

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bluntslide155 View Post
    Alright ill check into that. Also when it was running, started to make a really loud screeching noise. Did this for about 5 seconds then stopped. Only seems to be doign this when its idling. After this occured, i checked the oil and its like a brown color, kinda like cofee with cream would be u know. Cant really explain what the color is like
    Like this?:

If so, that's not good.... the screeching sound could very well be a main bearing, because your oil is now mixed with water. Don't turn the car on any more. Your engine is ****ed.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

ya its like that color. I was also reading that it could be a cracked or broken head gasket.

I Support ClubWRX
    ya its like that color. I was also reading that it could be a cracked or broken head gasket.
    Could be, could even be a cracked block from the extreme heat change from hot to cold by running through that puddle. Either way though, the motor has to come out. What went wrong can be determined at that point.

Sorry man, ****ty situation.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

so do u think im right ****ed and might have to replace the whole engine? if so im looking at alot of money here because i dont wanna buy a used one... due to bagage. IF its just the head gasket is that pretty cheap to fix at all?

I Support ClubWRX
    so do u think im right ****ed and might have to replace the whole engine? if so im looking at alot of money here because i dont wanna buy a used one... due to bagage. IF its just the head gasket is that pretty cheap to fix at all?
    IF it's just a head gasket, you may get away with just replacing them and they're somewhat cheap (when compared to everything else, that is) if you do them on your own. But with the sound you said it's making and the fact that your oil looks like that, I don't think the bottom end is going to come out of this unscathed....
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

alright.. **** thats ****ty deals ****ing saskachewan weather. thanks for the help man.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Language dude.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Language dude.
    I think I'd be in the same mood as him if I found out my motor was *%@*ed. At least he didn't dodge the swear filter.

And why do I have a sudden urge to watch The Big Lebowski?
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.