Had an oopsie

This is a discussion on Had an oopsie within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So loonng story short, there is now a hole in my block. I have to buy a new motor, however ...

Had an oopsie

So loonng story short, there is now a hole in my block.

I have to buy a new motor, however I am unsure what the differences are between the "versions" of the ej20. My intentions are to buy a stock motor and swap it in, but my friend recommended getting the sti motor but once again I'm not too sure on where to go from here....

sorry if this is in the wrong section but if someone could throw some advice my direction that'd be awesome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This sort of question is best answered by you...What are your plans with the car? the simplest way possible is just to swap it out with a stock replacement and call it a day, however If you have the extra money and have "plans" for racing or auto crossing the vehicle or something than the modding can begin...

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Are you talking about the JDM EJ207 as the STI motor? Or are you referencing the USDM EJ257 from the STi stateside? The EJ257 will require a hybrid build and additional tuning if you intend to use the stock EJ205 heads, but you'll have much better power capabilities. As EvoEatr stated it all depends on your goals with this car.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    This sort of question is best answered by you...What are your plans with the car? the simplest way possible is just to swap it out with a stock replacement and call it a day, however If you have the extra money and have "plans" for racing or auto crossing the vehicle or something than the modding can begin...
    Well to be completely honest my intentions were to just get the stocker (ej205) and swap em out and put my mods on that, but if I can find a deal on the jdm ej207 then by all means I would have no problem getting that either. I don't plan on racing or autocrossing or tracking it, this is my dd, I just like having the extra power for when I wanna have fun on my Sunday drives

So realistically I would be better off finding a low mileage ej205.

I'm having trouble finding reputable sites to order from though, I've searched for hours and I either get complete swaps only (longblock, tranny, blah, blah) All I need is the longblock, I may even be alright with the short block.

Also, the hybrid motor you are talking about would be the USDM ej257 with my USDM ej205 heads right?

again thanks guys!