looking for a part number! :)

This is a discussion on looking for a part number! :) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i just got a turboxs rfl bov, yes flame one haha. I love it though, i love the looks ...

looking for a part number! :)

So i just got a turboxs rfl bov, yes flame one haha. I love it though, i love the looks i get especially from the old people who drive next to me. Back to the point, so i put it on and it ran fine for a while. It started to make this whinny ass noise almost like a supercharger whine. So i took it off and ends up that i blew my gasket between the intercooler and BPV. Thats not what im looking for though, I am looking for the BOLTS that connect the BPV to the intercooler part number. I have tried to find it online with no luck.

The teeth? on the one on the left are a little worn at the top and it wont screw in all the way, thus the leak/blown gasket. I already ordered a new gasket mine was 130k miles old and rusty, but i need that damn bolt! Thanks for the help in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You might be able to find one in a hardware store....just take yours off when you get there and take it in and match it up.
    Last edited by lytlec; 06-17-2010 at 06:51 PM.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Though if you have a spare bolt you could probably do just as well at a hardware store, as has been suggested.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post

Though if you have a spare bolt you could probably do just as well at a hardware store, as has been suggested.
    Thank you so much! I work next to a subbie dealership, i will stop in before work tomorrow and pick one or two up. Might as well replace em both.

The guys that work there are a little retarded, so i figured if i went in there asking for a part (even though its just a screw) they would totally mess it up. But i figured if i had the number i could just go in there and give it to them and be on my way. I think they are competent to match up some numbers

So I went to that subaru today. Went back to the parts section and tried to get the 2 bolts and gasket, I even gave them the parts numbers. 20 minutes later thee guy comes back and says "we don't carry either of these" told you they were idiots.