Radiator Decision

This is a discussion on Radiator Decision within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Got a thin crack at the top of radiator (seems to be common). Trying to decide between: Mishimoto http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT I've ...

Radiator Decision

Got a thin crack at the top of radiator (seems to be common).
    Trying to decide between:

Mishimoto
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I've read about the Mishimoto's and they seem to be a decent popular choice.

Godspeed
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Haven't heard/seen anything about the Godspeed, but it's marketed to have 53mm thickness (2in)

Any word appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I got the Mishimoto. I have no complaints. I recommend you get new hoses and thermostat.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Godspeed is a 100% knock-off company. Meaning they will wait until one company (either Mishimoto or Koyo) to create a radiator, and simply copy it. I don't know if that means anything to you or not. But in case it doesn't Mishis have the lifetime warranty and I think Godspeed has only one year.

I have the Mishimoto in my car for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the info.
    I put more coolant and the temp has gone back to normal the past 2 days. So maybe I don't have to make such a rash decision.

If your radiator is cracked it is cracked.

Whatever you do don't let the car overheat. If you take the chance and keep the radiator and you see your temperature needle going past the mid point stop driving. Let it cool off and lightly drive it home.

Better yet rev the engine while you are at home and if you see coolant you need a replacement radiator.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Yea what that really meant was hopefully I can wait until next paycheck.

Samco hoses are $100?? Is this accurate?

My end tank split not long ago, and I went with the full Alloy Koyo radiator.

Very nicely made