Where are the O2 sensors located on a 2002 subaru wrx?

This is a discussion on Where are the O2 sensors located on a 2002 subaru wrx? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wanted to know because my car came with turbo back exhaust, and has a bung blocked off on the ...

Where are the O2 sensors located on a 2002 subaru wrx?

Just wanted to know because my car came with turbo back exhaust, and has a bung blocked off on the down pipe with nothing in it, and I see a pigtail around the transmission that looks like it should be plugged into something, but isnt !??

My car is running like crapola grande, and im wondering if there is a O2 that belongs there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There are two o2 sensors. The front, and more important one, is on the exhaust manifold right before the up-pipe. The rear o2 sensor is sort of at the end of the downpipe. Both are important.

Post a pic of the location if possible. That is the only way to know for sure.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

I Support ClubWRX
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S