low boosting - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on low boosting within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by CRFX528 its sounding like a limp mode to me, because the car runs right for a while ...

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CRFX528 View Post
    its sounding like a limp mode to me, because the car runs right for a while if you do an ECU reset. If it were a leak or BCS, wouldn't it run bad all the time even after an ecu reset? I do not have a way to datalog, unless it doesn't require much?

no cel's, the only one that has been removed from the computer was the Fuel Trim too lean code because it just wouldn't go away no matter what i did.

This is where i kick myself for buying a car that someone else modded.. sometimes i just wanna put the for sale sign in the back window.
    That's a shame, you may want to look into a tactrix cable for the future. Datalogging, to me, is absolutely essential when driving a modified car, even if you aren't the one tuning it.

Honestly, I'd take it back to the guy who did your tune and tell him to fix it. I'd run less boost than what you're running right now as well. That fuel trim too lean code may very well be indicative of a larger problem.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Where can I get tactrix cable? What else do I need? The car was running 23psi when I first got it - and I just knew better than that so my tuner turned it down to 19
    06 WRX ( a work in progress )

95 Tacoma ( Ol' Faithful )

I'm new.... Enlighten me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Dude, I think you may be in valet mode -

Quote Originally Posted by smlanden View Post
    Fellas,

I figured it out. Apparently I managed to hold the key fob Unlock button down for 2+ seconds with the driver door open. That put the car into Valet mode. Undoing it was via the same procedure.
    The link talks about the security light flashing. I wonder if you got a valet key from the dealer instead of a regular key. I kind of doubt it pulls boost but who knows (would actually be a good idea IMO).

Also, check your turbo inlet for rips and make sure no air is getting in before the turbo.
    Last edited by mycologist; 06-17-2010 at 06:33 PM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Where can I get tactrix cable? What else do I need? The car was running 23psi when I first got it - and I just knew better than that so my tuner turned it down to 19
    You can purchase it through www.tactrix.com or www.tunertools.com, which is where I got mine. But you're going to need to do some reading before you decide to go this route so you understand what it is you're doing, what you're looking for, and how to use the software. Logging is rather easy, and as long as you do it correctly people are willing to help you out by looking at them.

I think you're still not doing yourself any favors by running 19psi on that turbo though, you're either already outside of its efficiency range, or damn near it, and you're probably blowing more hot air than is useful, that's my opinion though, I'd talk to your tuner about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    This could be true. Worth a shot at least.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post

The link talks about the security light flashing. I wonder if you got a valet key from the dealer instead of a regular key. I kind of doubt it pulls boost but who knows (would actually be a good idea IMO).

Also, check your turbo inlet for rips and make sure no air is getting in before the turbo.
    The key was made about 2 months ago, and I tried the unlock button with no success. Was not dealer made, advance lock service did it for me. Professional company not a low grade company.. taking it to the tuner this weekend. He was hinting towards BCS but was confused of the siutation I believe.. just like me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Plug the green test mode connectors together under the dash and turn the car to on (don't start) - do you hear the BCS clicking?

Look at the first two pics to locate the BCS - http://www.oakos.com/wrx/installs/OAMBC/index.htm
    Last edited by mycologist; 06-17-2010 at 06:48 PM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Any pics of the green test connector? Mine is there I just see nothing to connect to. Looks like someone has been in here before..

I Support ClubWRX
    Any pics of the green test connector? Mine is there I just see nothing to connect to. Looks like someone has been in here before..
    There should be a male and female green connector under there near where the OBD port goes into the dash. Keep looking, it's probably tucked in somewhere behind another wire or something.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12