Creak 'n' Click

This is a discussion on Creak 'n' Click within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all! Recently got a 2005 Impreza Outback and noticed that it is making creaking and clicking noises from the ...

Creak 'n' Click

Hi all!

Recently got a 2005 Impreza Outback and noticed that it is making creaking and clicking noises from the front.

The creaking noise happens after I come to a stop and the car rocks back to it's "neutral" stance from it's "forward" stance from the braking. It lasts only as long as it takes the car to rock back, a half a second or less. It only makes the noise after a hard brake, i.e. it takes quite a bit of "rocking" for this to happen. My guess is that it has something to do with the suspension, but what do I know? haha...

The clicking happens only when I turn the steering wheel. It can happen when I'm not moving, or turning onto another street. It doesn't happen when negotiating a curve on the road - it has to be a pretty substantial turning. If my memory serves me, it doesn't consistently make this noise.

Any help would be awesome! Thanks!!

(and let me know if i'm not descriptive enough!)
    2005 Impreza Outback
    1998 Mazda Protege
    1994 F-150
    1991 Toyota MR2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello, welcome.

Check for play in the CV joints.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

will do that. also, i drove around for a bit to see what exactly would cause the noise, and it seems to happen almost only while i'm braking and turning. it does happen without brakes, but it's more rare. would this change your prognosis?
    2005 Impreza Outback
    1998 Mazda Protege
    1994 F-150
    1991 Toyota MR2