is "break-in" really necessary - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on is "break-in" really necessary within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Like I said, I did follow the break-in procedure (for the most part). If the car was running correctly, not ...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Like I said, I did follow the break-in procedure (for the most part).

If the car was running correctly, not using much oil, and had good compression I would by it regardless of what the PO did (you will never know what they did in the vast majority of cases anyway)
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was just wondering guys, not to bring up the whole "break in" debate up again but ... in the manual it says not to exceed 4k rpm and at 4k rpm in 5th gear that is about 100. Would going 100 mph be too much for a break in or is that okay? I just want to know just to know, i'm not going to go out and do it right now or anything like that, just out of curiousity... that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by jt0thevizzle View Post
    I was just wondering guys, not to bring up the whole "break in" debate up again but ... in the manual it says not to exceed 4k rpm and at 4k rpm in 5th gear that is about 100. Would going 100 mph be too much for a break in or is that okay? I just want to know just to know, i'm not going to go out and do it right now or anything like that, just out of curiousity... that is all.
    Brakes usually take a few hundred miles to break in properly so I would say 100MPH, which is an unsafe speed on public roads anyway, is especially so if you are still breaking in new brakes

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jt0thevizzle View Post
    Jesus...............
    Last edited by Donkey; 01-16-2011 at 10:07 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.