throwing codes
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on throwing codes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i just completed an engine swap on a 05' wrx. We swapped stock motor for a stock motor. I ...

throwing codes

so i just completed an engine swap on a 05' wrx. We swapped stock motor for a stock motor. I took it for a drive and the check engine light came on took it to autozone to see what the deal was.
    The first code read:

System to lean- bank 1
    (Cylinder number 1 denotes bank 1)
    Probable cause:
    1. Faulty MAF sensor
    2. Large vacuum leak
    3. Low fuel pressure
    4. Plugged injector or cylinder misfire(the car doesn't feel like its miss firing.)

The second code read:

Heated Oxygen sensor - Bank 1 sensor 1 sensor circut range/performance high
    Probable cause

1. open or short circut condition
    2. Poor electrical connection
    3. Failed HO2S11 (bank 1 sensor 1)

My turbo failed and sent shards of metal everywhere and oil into the throttle body and possibly down the exhaust. So i was thinking that maybe the O2 sensor is fouled up. But I'm not to sure why it would run too lean. If anyone else has had this problem I would like to know what you did.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you swap the entire engine? New longblock? Have you done the normal checks such as spraying 2+2 gum cutter around the intake gaskets and vacuum lines to see if you get an idle change? Does the car idle normally? Are you hitting target boost? Are there any mods done to the vehicle?
    As for the H02S code check to see the connector is fully seated, I have seen these get thrown before due to a ever so slightly loose connection at the sensor harness...or unplug it and reseat it... If you clear the codes how long does it take for them to come back on? which one comes back on first? Do you have a scanner where you can view freeze frame data?

i swapped a new long block. and then bolted the rest of the stuff on to it. the car idled normal then it idled at 2000 for about 30 seconds then went back down to 500-700. yeah it boost at 3500 rpms just like b4. no mods 100% stock. ok i will unplug it an see what happens after i reset it. i took it autozone for there free check engine light check.

i cleaned the maf sensor and got it reset and no codes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by STANLEY722800 View Post
    i cleaned the maf sensor and got it reset and no codes so far.

Where the codes present before the engine swap?

nope. they showed up after.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.