Slow gas pedal response?

This is a discussion on Slow gas pedal response? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i was performing some minor troubleshooting on my 2010 wrx and i disconnected and reconnected the battery. Afterwards, i ...

Slow gas pedal response?

So i was performing some minor troubleshooting on my 2010 wrx and i disconnected and reconnected the battery. Afterwards, i noticed that the response on the gas pedal is much slower, and i have to push it down further for it to do anything at all.

I haven't pushed the car too hard since then, but it does not feel to have lost any performance, just the weird pedal thing. I have driven it about 10 times since, then about 150 miles, and the issue persists. I do recall it feeling like this when i first got the car, however i didn't know any better because this was my first manual car so i figured i was just being dumb. Unfortunately due to that i don't remember how long it took to go away, my assumption is that the ECU is "learning" or something, who knows.

So two questions, 1) does anyone know why this happens, and 2) how long it takes to go away?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

im guessing that it is just your ecu relearning everything since you unplugged your battery, but on my car it only takes like 2 days worth of normal driving to go back to normal.

any mods?
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba2708 View Post
    im guessing that it is just your ecu relearning everything since you unplugged your battery, but on my car it only takes like 2 days worth of normal driving to go back to normal.

any mods?
    That's what i was guessing, but it just seems kinda strange that it would learn like that, it's starting to piss me off (today is day 3).

I do have CBE, but that's about it as far as engine-related mods go.

What were you troubleshooting?
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    What were you troubleshooting?
    Nothing important, i'm having an issue with my aftermarket head unit where it loses some of its settings (as if it lost power), so i pulled the power to test it. (Weird thing is that certain setting stick like the button backlight color, so i wanted to see if the same thing would happen, and it did). It's never turned off while in use, and i don't stall or anything that would cause low battery issues.

I Support ClubWRX
    To clarify, since this is a pretty old thread:

An ECU reset does not require a time period to wait after the battery is disconnected. Just disconnect it, tap the brake pedal, and reconnect it. You are done.

For maximum affect, after resetting, get on a open surface with no traffic, place the car in 3rd gear, increase throttle, and slowly let up on the clutch while brake torquing the car (don't let it move). The object is to increase boost for a time frame of around 5 seconds. This will maximise your ECU settings such that you will immediately gain a good 20 HP over the "worn" stock ECU settings. The background is much more complex than this, but this does work.
    ... That was from YBNormal07

ECU reset

Might want to give it a go, but I doubt that will help much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro