Hellppp...Is my turbo done?

This is a discussion on Hellppp...Is my turbo done? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im trying to figure out if my turbo is about dead. I have been only boosting to about half of ...

Hellppp...Is my turbo done?

Im trying to figure out if my turbo is about dead. I have been only boosting to about half of what i normally do. I made a boost leak tester and found a few leaks and fixed all that I could find. Did it again couldnt find any. But the psi i was getting before i fixed the few small leaks around the bov didnt improve. so i took off the downpipe and took a look to see if there was anything unusual i could see there and the turbo turbine is almost completely white/gray...Can anyone tell me wether my turbo has gone bad or if i just havnt found all the boost leaks?

And if my turbo is bad can i slap the same oem stock one on there without needing a tune or ect.?
    I found this one online is it worth it?
    http://preracing.com/catalog/product...ger-wrx-p-2070
    Last edited by Weaver; 06-10-2010 at 12:16 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mine every now and then will go from 10 lbs stock to just under 5 for a few days then it will go back to normal. I do have a chronic CEL for my MAF sensor and I have noticed the car gets tempermental when there is an extreme tempeture change. Happened when I drove out to the desert. Coming back it only boosted 5 lbs for a few days then back to normal. Do you have any CEL's? Get a OBD2 reader and check it.