I need Help - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I need Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i think my knowledge of tuning just increased 100 fold. that helps more than you know. i'm not the type ...

i think my knowledge of tuning just increased 100 fold. that helps more than you know. i'm not the type to follow anyone without a few whys. got me into trouble a work a few times. turns out most people don't like questions. thanks for bein patient with me to explain that.

when i get off work i'll look at my car and post what i found out about the intake. is there a way to tell if the car has been tuned to anything. i doubt it has just based on the guy i got the car from.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by niloc1347 View Post
    i think my knowledge of tuning just increased 100 fold. that helps more than you know. i'm not the type to follow anyone without a few whys. got me into trouble a work a few times. turns out most people don't like questions. thanks for bein patient with me to explain that.

when i get off work i'll look at my car and post what i found out about the intake. is there a way to tell if the car has been tuned to anything. i doubt it has just based on the guy i got the car from.
    Happy to help man, most of us here are, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. But, you can do us one favor, search the forums before making a new thread, a lot of questions get asked here over and over, so there's bound to be a thread for the question you have.

Not any easy way to check for a retune on the stock ECU, you have to have a way to access the ECU. If there was a piggy back system it would be mounted near the ECU under the carpet on the passenger side under the glove box, but I highly doubt there will be one since your car is pretty much stock. I'm more than willing to bet your car has not had a retune. I'll check this thread intermittently and offer what advice I can about the intake you have.

Just remember though, stock intake boxes are like $20 on forums since people replace them so often, so that shouldn't really hold you back from putting one back on if you need to. Plus you could sell the intake you have and get more money that way.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

this is true. thanks for all your help.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by niloc1347 View Post
    this is true. thanks for all your help.
    You're very welcome.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Hey i know this is really delayed but life kinda got in the way for while. anyway. i finally went to get my car looked at. i found a mechanic who knows foreign racers/ricers to look at it. i was completely wrong on what was causing the problem. it was my crankshaft sensor. aparently before i bought the car the previous owner broke a belt and it hit the sensor knocking it loose. why it took over a year to cause problems i have no idea. this is all what the mechanic was tellin me. anyway $100 and my car was running as good as new. so just giving an update on my car. thanks for all the info and advise ya'll.

I Support ClubWRX
    Awesome, glad it got worked out man.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12