horn and cruise control wont work

This is a discussion on horn and cruise control wont work within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; first time post but long time viewer. I just swapped out my steering rack on my 02 wrx. When i ...

horn and cruise control wont work

first time post but long time viewer. I just swapped out my steering rack on my 02 wrx. When i installed the new one the airbag light came on and the horn and cruise control wont work. I have check all my fuses and relays, connections under the seat and they are all in good shape. the steering rack is the original just rebuilt. Iam about to take the steering column apart and see if i jacked up the wries somehow. I appreciate your guy's time and knowledge!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by slow02 View Post
    first time post but long time viewer. I just swapped out my steering rack on my 02 wrx. When i installed the new one the airbag light came on and the horn and cruise control wont work. I have check all my fuses and relays, connections under the seat and they are all in good shape. the steering rack is the original just rebuilt. Iam about to take the steering column apart and see if i jacked up the wries somehow. I appreciate your guy's time and knowledge!
    You spun the wheel when you had it disconnected and ripped the clock spring in the column. You will have to buy a new one and make sure you install it straight.

i took the air bag out and looked at the wires and connectors and they look good. where is this spring located? is it in the column or in-between the wheel and column? I think you hit the nail on the head! i did grab it and accidently spun it. thank you!

ok found the roll connecter didnt take it off cause i dont have all the right tools right now but can i tell if its bad somehow? Does anyone know where to get one off line?