Something wrong with my AC?!

This is a discussion on Something wrong with my AC?! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So when i am using my AC or defrost I can really hear what I think is my AC clutch ...

Something wrong with my AC?!

So when i am using my AC or defrost I can really hear what I think is my AC clutch engaging. So much that it jerks the car a tad. It also sounds like a squeeling belt but not too terribly loud. The AC and defrost work perfect but I am just wondering if these sounds are signs of future problems? I took it to my mechanic and he said that the ac clutch sound was normal with subarus. Any pointers would be great!

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Ac clutch sound is only normal on subarus with bad ac clutchs

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Easy fix?

I Support ClubWRX
    If your belts are original, change them with authentic Subaru belts. See if that fixes the problem.

The A/C clutch is not an easy fix because I've not seen the part available. In any case you don't know if that's the problem, and the belts are cheaper anyway.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    If your ac clutch is bad you have to replace the entire compressor.

Like said above try to replace the belts with oem only and see if it helps

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC