A/C low pressure swtich??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on A/C low pressure swtich?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 02 WRX and I know they have a high pressure switch on the A/C, but do they ...

A/C low pressure swtich??

I have a 02 WRX and I know they have a high pressure switch on the A/C, but do they have a low pressure switch??
    thanks
    "Take time to ponder which things you are most grateful for and which things are of greatest need in your life"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you asking whether the compressor will not be allowed to engage if the refrigerant pressure is too low? Yes. Low refrigerant will prevent the compressor from engaging.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks man.
    "Take time to ponder which things you are most grateful for and which things are of greatest need in your life"

Does anyone know where the switch is located and how to test whether or not it's faulty?
    "You have a sunburn, mmm, like chokolada, ahhh, it's you, me and Pina Colada."

I Support ClubWRX
    See figure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Switch.jpg  
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yeah, I actually saw that figure myself, but I can't tell where that is. Is it along the high pressure hose?

Just bumping this up because I'm still not seeing it. Can anybody help out with a picture or a good explanation? Going crazy here trying to find this switch. Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    I see your point. I was just staring at my own car outside. If you have a US model 2002 like I do, suspect the harness that is attached via a short bracket to the driver's side suspension tower. The lines leading to/from this point are metal and thin. Look under the brake booster and reservoir, and under the fuel filter. My money is on that harness being the one in question (I can't find any others either...).

Awesome, found it! Right where you said it was. It's underneath the fuel filter. You can see it if you move windshield washer fluid out of the way. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.