WTF??? Lights stay on after wash
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WTF??? Lights stay on after wash within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok...I'm not sure if the issue is related to me washing the car, but after washing the car, I took ...

WTF??? Lights stay on after wash

Ok...I'm not sure if the issue is related to me washing the car, but after washing the car, I took it for a spin. After shutting the car off, I noticed the rear brake lights , and the front amber markers on the outer-most upper corners (04) are on. All other lighting is working as I tried turning on/off all the lights, flashed the high beams and hazards. All worked fine.

Disconnecting/reconnecting the battery did not solve the problem. Any suggestions? TIA. I hope to not have to take it in to the dealership tomorrow.
    J
    2004 WRX PSM Wagon
    Mesh hood scoop and grille

2005 Kawasaki Ti 636

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you accidentaly hit the button on the steering wheel
    cover?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Did you accidentaly hit the button on the steering wheel
    cover?
    That's exactly what I did.

Found the answer here.

Gah... I feel like such a tool!!!
    J
    2004 WRX PSM Wagon
    Mesh hood scoop and grille

2005 Kawasaki Ti 636

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    wow two people in a week, rough
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Haha I hate that switch. Uber ghey

What is the purpose of that switch? If you really need the lights on while you are stopped just turn the headlight switch up to the first selection...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    I think that switch cancels the drls but I could deffinately be wrong

I think that switch cancels the drls but I could deffinately be wrong
    Hmm... ill have to try it out when I get off work...

I see you bought a 550I, nice... my uncle has an M5, that thing is a beast...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

I Support ClubWRX
    Thank ya. I've been having some complications so haven't been able to drive it much myself yet but I do love it

Thank ya. I've been having some complications so haven't been able to drive it much myself yet but I do love it
    What kind of complications? What year is it and its the 5.0 v8 right?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    What is the purpose of that switch? If you really need the lights on while you are stopped just turn the headlight switch up to the first selection...
    What you propose does not do anything. The headlamps, in a move that is both rare due to shortsighted local regs and absolutely correct, are not operable when the key is out of the ignition. Nor should they be operable when the key is out of the ignition.

However, there is still the need to designate the car, especially the extremities, when parked at night in narrow alleys, old cobblestone roads, etc. That's why you can use that switch to leave the parking lamps on while the car is parked and locked. This is to prevent other cars from taking your fenders or even your mirror along with them as they pass by. That's also why many models have electric folding mirrors -- ours are limited to manual folds.

Subaru should have gone one step further and done everything right. GM did everything right. VAG also used to get it all right, but I don't know if they do so any more. What GM did, correctly, is allow you do engage only half the parking light circuit. So you park on the right side of the cobble stone against a wall, say, flick the switch to fold both your mirrors up, turn off the car, and then press down the left turn signal. This illuminates the left side parking lamps but not the right side. It draws half the power of Subaru's system and if you're actually parked in tight quarters it works just as well. The system is reversible if you are parked on the right side of the road (if it's a one-way road or you can park with the nose into traffic legally in the area etc.).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Isn't that why they put reflectors on the lights so you don't leave your lights on while parked?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I Support ClubWRX
    I do not know if that is why they use reflectors or if the reflectors are for use while moving. I do wish we had city lights though, but if the switch allows drl plus parking lights with the motor on that is much the safe effect. I should try that.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Lol I just had to search to figure out why my rear lamps where on after washing my car. I totally forgot that switch is there but what you guys said about narrow streets etc makes sense I used to live in Scotland on main roads through small villages if you parked on the main thorough threw you needed to illuminate your car.... Anyways I was annoyed for about 5 mins thinking WTF

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.