Leaving for Las Vegas
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Leaving for Las Vegas within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I'm leaving for a month to Las Vegas for two private chef jobs on Wednesday. I'll be leaving my ...

Registered User AllShallPerishJ's Avatar

Leaving for Las Vegas

So I'm leaving for a month to Las Vegas for two private chef jobs on Wednesday. I'll be leaving my baby parked back home for the entire month. I was wondering if any preparations should be made to leave her sitting non-active for a month? Or should I follow some sort of warm-up/re-break in procedure with her when I get back? I'm not thinking it will be a big deal, as a month really isn't that long. I just figured it doesn't hurt to ask and I'd rather be safe than sorry. I get OCD about stuff like this.

I'm going to miss my car

Cross country road-trip crammed into 48+ hours in a friends not-so-reliable '96ish Buick LeSabre = Nerve Racking and Teh Suck.

$13,750 for a months worth of work = Lots of money to mod with when I get back!
    Live.Free.Or.Die
    Blobeye Syndicate #55

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    fuel additive

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    fuel additive
    example? I don't want to assume you mean that octane boost stuff because I don't think that's what you're referring to is it?
    Live.Free.Or.Die
    Blobeye Syndicate #55

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    One month? I would just fill it to the top so there is no room for condensation. I wouldn't leave it in a damp garage that long or it could get musty.

Have fun in Vegas! Do you get some VIP perks for cooking for them?
    Last edited by mycologist; 05-25-2010 at 03:30 AM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Not really any "perks" per say, just A LOT of money! Which is perfectly fine with me. I'll also be making more money with tips and random handouts. The people I'm working for are all professional poker players playing in the WSOP this month. So they are used to throwing around massive amounts of money for random reasons.

On a side note, I drove through the entire state of Colorado on Route 70 West and all I have to say is WOW. What an absolutely beautiful state. I've always thought where I live is the best in the country as far as beautiful landscape but that drive on 70 blew NH out of the water, and all other places I've seen in this country for that matter. I've decided when I get old and retire that's where I'm moving.
    Live.Free.Or.Die
    Blobeye Syndicate #55

If it's just one month, I wouldn't worry about it.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I Support ClubWRX
    One month.. Yes I would absolutely worry about it. Ethanol absorbs water and promotes rust. Lucky for us almost all fuel is at least 10% junk. I would absolutely use a fuel additive and no I don't mean octane boost.

Look into sta-bil or startron.

I use star tron because it actually has enzymes to combat the ethanol.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    One month.. Yes I would absolutely worry about it. Ethanol absorbs water and promotes rust. Lucky for us almost all fuel is at least 10% junk. I would absolutely use a fuel additive and no I don't mean octane boost.

Look into sta-bil or startron.

I use star tron because it actually has enzymes to combat the ethanol.
    Well, already out here so epic fail on my part. I just made sure it was full on fuel to reduce vapors. Oh well, I'm sure she'll be fine while I'm gone.
    Live.Free.Or.Die
    Blobeye Syndicate #55

Quote Originally Posted by AllShallPerishJ View Post
    Well, already out here so epic fail on my part. I just made sure it was full on fuel to reduce vapors. Oh well, I'm sure she'll be fine while I'm gone.
    Just send us the keys. We'll make sure she doesn't sit...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Las Vegas Discount July

Las Vegas Hotels - Las Vegas Special Discount Deals

Live.Free.Or.Die
    Blobeye Syndicate #55

Quote Originally Posted by AllShallPerishJ View Post

On a side note, I drove through the entire state of Colorado on Route 70 West and all I have to say is WOW. What an absolutely beautiful state. I've always thought where I live is the best in the country as far as beautiful landscape but that drive on 70 blew NH out of the water, and all other places I've seen in this country for that matter. I've decided when I get old and retire that's where I'm moving.
    You are correct I live in Denver. I go snowboarding a lot and that road is a blast to drive. We have a great number of roads with beautiful sights to see. Living here a lot of people take it for granted. I just went to Nebraska to Lake Mcconaughy and omg, Nothing to look at but flat land and COWS!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.