Turbo pressure loss, help appreciated.

This is a discussion on Turbo pressure loss, help appreciated. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, I've been searching but haven't had success. My wife's 05 stock WRX has a leak (Pssst) noise that ...

Turbo pressure loss, help appreciated.

Hi all,

I've been searching but haven't had success. My wife's 05 stock WRX has a leak (Pssst) noise that occurs sometimes with a subtle power loss. I'm suspect we're losing turbo pressure.

Is anyone familiar with these symptons, any references(faqs) or recommendations are much appreciated.

Ed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You are going to need a boost gauge to verify. Could be a boost leak from the intercooler hoses. The problem is everybody can speculate what the problem could be in the virtual world but its up to you to verify. And for you to verify substantial data (gauge numbers) or physically checking the intercooler inlet and outlet hoses/coupling damage or looseness. The plastic hoses have been known to crack/melt.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanks for the info. I was trying to understand if this might be a common/know issue. I guess from your reply that there's a number of potential causes. I'll look again for anything obvious and then likely take it the dealer.