oil and temp gauges

This is a discussion on oil and temp gauges within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; would like to fit oil and temp sender units to motor of my 99 sub so as to run gauges ...

oil and temp gauges

would like to fit oil and temp sender units to motor of my 99 sub
    so as to run gauges on dash pad consul.Is it possible and what modifications are needed?Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So you want an oil temp gauge? and only an oil temp gauge? In that case yes, to do it properly you would need to purchase a sender ( usually a thermistor) and the gauge and wiring...usually these come as a kit....take a look here.... http://prosportgauges.com/green-whit...ure-gauge.aspx

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Most gauges come with a sender. Just buy the gauge/sender, and install it according to the instructions.

matter of size

thanks for info on prosport site EvoEatr looks like the way to go
    As for fitting any gauge sender does it not come down to size of sender and space to fit on motor.What type gauges are best suited for my 99 sub.

There are several different locations you could put the sender. And it's not that big, about the same size as the gauge itself. I doubt you will have trouble finding room for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesub View Post
    thanks for info on prosport site EvoEatr looks like the way to go
    As for fitting any gauge sender does it not come down to size of sender and space to fit on motor.What type gauges are best suited for my 99 sub.

No prob. bud..For the price these gauges are pretty good, I have a Prosport Oil Temperature, Coolant Temperature, Oil Pressure, Boost, and Exhaust Gas Temperature gauges in my WRX, They all work pretty good and have been on there for a couple years...

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    No prob. bud..For the price these gauges are pretty good, I have a Prosport Oil Temperature, Coolant Temperature, Oil Pressure, Boost, and Exhaust Gas Temperature gauges in my WRX, They all work pretty good and have been on there for a couple years...

Well I have Prosport EGT, boost, and oil pressure gauges, and the oil pressure gauge reads 20psi low across the board. Although I talked to the guys at Prosport and whenever I get a chance I can ship my sending unit to them and they are going to replace it. So at least their customer service seems to be pretty good.

I have seen multiple cases of failed oil pressure sending units, but as long as they keep replacing them I guess you can't complain too much.