A/C Question. I live in AZ!! Need adcvice

This is a discussion on A/C Question. I live in AZ!! Need adcvice within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My car's A/C blows cold and gets cool pretty fast, even on a hot day here in AZ. The only ...

A/C Question. I live in AZ!! Need adcvice

My car's A/C blows cold and gets cool pretty fast, even on a hot day here in AZ. The only problem is sometimes (every few minutes) it'll warm up, it doesn't get hot but it'll just warm up a little bit.

I'm guessing it just needs a recharge?? If it does do you guys have any experience or recommendations in recharging it with refrigerant bought from auto stores or is it best to get it done professionally at a shop??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do not guess. Take it to a shop and have it checked. The symptoms you describe could be normal, or could be due to a number of things (and IMO a low charge isn't one of them). In any case, get someone to put gauges on the system and check your pressures.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Will do. Thank you sir!

Got it checked out today and it turns out the level of refrigerant in the system was low

They completely drained it and added new refrigerant plus some kinda liquid that shows where leaks are under ultra violet light, I have to bring it back after 300mi of driving. Hopefully it doesn't have a leak!!

Anyways, thanks again for the advice. That's one less thing less on my check list before I upgrade the turbo