labor cost for Front and Rear pads replacement

This is a discussion on labor cost for Front and Rear pads replacement within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I took my subaru wrx to Capitol Subaru, San Jose for the 75k Intermediate Service. The service personnel recommended I ...

labor cost for Front and Rear pads replacement

I took my subaru wrx to Capitol Subaru, San Jose for the 75k Intermediate Service. The service personnel recommended I get the couple of additional things done. This is what they charge for labor and parts , is this reasonable?

1. Replacement of Front and Rear pads and machine all the rotors
    Labor : $325.14
    1 Pad Kit (Front): $114.51
    1 Pad Kit (Rear): $102.45
    2 Quiet Brake Kit: $37..90

2. Replacement of Both Front Inner CV Boots

Labor: $422.61
    2 Nut Axle: $19.66
    2 DOJ Boot: $39.56
    2. BAND AXLE Boot: $20.84
    2 BAND AXLE SFT BOOT: $16.64
    2 GREASE DRIVE SHAFT 155G: $57.74
    1 BRAKE CLEAN: $12.95

Does this look reasonable? The car was in the service station for about 4hours.

thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wow those pads are expensive. You could have had MUCH better pads for that price had you been able to do it yourself.

Also, that's a LOT of labor charge for an hours worth of work. But they do charge flat rate per job, so I can't say whether it is or isn't a rip with that regard. But going to a dealership or a shop is ALWAYS a rip compared to doing something yourself.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    That's actually cheap labor for brakes. Most shops charge 2.4 hrs per axle (means 2.4 front and 2.4 rear). At roughly $100/hour however a brake job is usually something they discount labor cost on to stay competitive.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Compared to our prices out here in Delaware those are some pretty good labor costs for both the brakes and the 2 inner DJ boots (we charge 2.5hrs per side at around $125/hr)... The only thing I noticed is that they charge for shop supplies such as the brakekleen....