Ambient temp/humidity and turbo

This is a discussion on Ambient temp/humidity and turbo within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Howdy, I've had my 2010 Limited now for about 1300 miles and have recently noticed that the turbo doesn't seem ...

Ambient temp/humidity and turbo

Howdy,
    I've had my 2010 Limited now for about 1300 miles and have recently noticed that the turbo doesn't seem to spool (give as much boost) as it did in the weeks after purchase. Could this simply be a function of ambient temperature and humidity? It has been running around 90+ F and 85% humidity recently down here in Texas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymck View Post
    Howdy,
    I've had my 2010 Limited now for about 1300 miles and have recently noticed that the turbo doesn't seem to spool (give as much boost) as it did in the weeks after purchase. Could this simply be a function of ambient temperature and humidity? It has been running around 90+ F and 85% humidity recently down here in Texas.
    Yes. Forced induction is more effective with cool dry air.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 05-20-2010 at 12:43 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics