remove or move turbo gauge
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on remove or move turbo gauge within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is there an easy and/or safe way to either move or remote the turbo gauge? I don't like the spot ...

remove or move turbo gauge

Is there an easy and/or safe way to either move or remote the turbo gauge? I don't like the spot that it's in and it obscures the temperature gauge. Optionally, could the gauge be easily replaced with a different style ( or shape) of gauge?
    just out of curiosity, how many people actually look or use that turbo gauge? it's interesting to look at it once in a great while, but i could do w/o it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Swavek View Post
    Is there an easy and/or safe way to either move or remote the turbo gauge? I don't like the spot that it's in and it obscures the temperature gauge. Optionally, could the gauge be easily replaced with a different style ( or shape) of gauge?
    just out of curiosity, how many people actually look or use that turbo gauge? it's interesting to look at it once in a great while, but i could do w/o it.
    I had the same opinions about mine but after I noticed some loss in power I immediately looked down to see that I wasn't boosting as much as usual...still haven't exactly figured out what is causing it but at least I know what its something to to do with boosting.

Registered User silverbullet207's Avatar
    Let me guess it is mounted on your steering column on the left side over the turn signal lever? Is it the factory model?

I didnt like the location of mine so i went ahead and got a 2 gage A-Pillar pod. Very easy removal and install (if you are somewhat technically inclined with wiring). Pop a couple panels, run your wires and solder/crimp.

To me, and as im sure all other suby owners will tell you, having a boost gage is a very useful troubleshooting tool!
    ** Hawk-Eye Alliance #513 **
    '06 WRX Stage 2

yep, i guess that is a good point about using the turbo gauge for troubleshooting.
    stock Subaru STI 2005 ~84K miles (2010/06/07)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.