2004 WRX PCV Valve
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX PCV Valve within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've searched multiple threads which have discussed this issue. I know that the PCV Valve for the '04 is different ...

2004 WRX PCV Valve

I've searched multiple threads which have discussed this issue. I know that the PCV Valve for the '04 is different from the '02-'03 MY. The location of the valve is also different. Unfortunately for me, some of the threads are old and the pictures are no longer available.

I am trying to source the valve from a local auto parts store. The problem is, they list the same valve for the '02, '03, AND'04

They also do not list what OE part numbers they replace.

('02-'03 pcv 11810AA000)
    ('04 pcv 11819AA001)

Is the '05 pcv the same as the '04?

Here is the '05 (sorry had to put link in ) ---->

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...&parentId=42-0

Here is what they have listed for ther '04, which is the same as the '02-'03. ----->

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...&parentId=42-0

Any help would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why don't you just call up the stealership?
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post
    Why don't you just call up the stealership?
    That is actually what prompted me to post. I called them and they did not have a listing for a PCV on the '04 WRX ?

I even gave them the part number I had sourced and they did not have a listing for that?

He said that there wasn't a PCV (valve) in the traditional sense with a ball type valve in it and that it was just a nipple of some sort.

http://www.subaruparts4u.com/cp_part...p?partid=13873

Found this part searching for the 11819AA001 part number. I guess you need the plastic "T" fitting that it comes with?

Is this listed under a subsequesnt part number? Possibly 11810AA040 ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Last edited by Donkey; 05-19-2010 at 08:51 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanks quazi...err, I mean Donkey.

I'm not having much luck at my local dealership. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with the parts guy and he still is going to have to call me back tomorrow.

I'd like to pick this up locally if possible and want to know if this PCV... http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...&parentId=42-0

Is the same as the metal portion of...

http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_...p?partid=10304

Is it necessary to replace the plastic elbow as well? If not and the metal valve is the same, that would be good.

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the PCV valve physically broken? It can be easily cleaned with carb cleaner. I don't think the elbow needs to be replaced but I'm not 100% sure.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Is the PCV valve physically broken? It can be easily cleaned with carb cleaner. I don't think the elbow needs to be replaced but I'm not 100% sure.
    I think that is what I'm going to do. Seems like it would be an easily cleanable part as it should just have sludge in it.

Just to clarify, the PCV is in the actual plastic elbow and not screwed into the top of the engine under the TB, correct?

I Support ClubWRX
    Yup. And it kinda looked like the elbow was included with the PCV valve.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.