Wrx headlight issue...

This is a discussion on Wrx headlight issue... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Last week my headlight went out. I could wiggle it and it'll turn back on. Sunday I notices it wouldn't ...

Question Wrx headlight issue...

Last week my headlight went out. I could wiggle it and it'll turn back on. Sunday I notices it wouldn't turn on no matter what. I bought new 9007 bulbs and when I took the old one out the socket itself was broke. So I called Subaru and asked if they can fix or replace. I was told the new headlight harness was 707.00

My question is. Since stick it's 9007 bulbs I have a 98 chevy prism and they use same bulbs. Could I pull wires back cut the socket of the chevy and splice it onto the wrx? I really don't want to pay 707.00 for the new harness. But I'm not sure since the chevy doesn't have DRLs

I don't want to interchange them and have the chevy one melt and burn my car down. Anyone advice if this would work?
    2002 WRX wagon STG2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    If it's the socket then you can just by a new one.

http://www.google.com/products?q=9007+socket+headlight
    Last edited by brfatal; 05-19-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    If it's the socket that you can just by a new one.

http://www.google.com/products?q=9007+socket+headlight
    You are always very helpful. Thanks. I didn't think to look for this since a guy at Subaru said I have to buy harness to fix for 707.00

Thanks again
    2002 WRX wagon STG2