changed intake gasket now no start
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on changed intake gasket now no start within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I changed out my intake gasket both lower and upper. put it all back together and now it wont start. ...

Question changed intake gasket now no start

I changed out my intake gasket both lower and upper. put it all back together and now it wont start. i got spark and fuel pump is working. Any sugestions? it just turns and turns but not even a jump like if it was out of timming....just nothing. Oh and its a 02 wrx.
    Last edited by mrom; 05-14-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: added year

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Are you talking about the intake manifold gaskets? Like upper being above the TGV's and lower being below them? If so, I'm sure you missed an electrical connector somewhere in there.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

gosh i know but i have double and triple checked it. im at the point where im gonna teard down again. maybe there is something i cant see. i mean i have the grounds on each side...the two on either side of the intake. the injectors...the three on the intake manifold on the throtle housing.

Quote Originally Posted by mrom View Post
    gosh i know but i have double and triple checked it. im at the point where im gonna teard down again. maybe there is something i cant see. i mean i have the grounds on each side...the two on either side of the intake. the injectors...the three on the intake manifold on the throtle housing.
    Check the crank and cam sensors are both fully plugged in...Also the two connectors right between the battery and the washer bottle check to make sure all the terminals are fully seated, I have had "no starts" come in because the pins have backed out of those connectors before...

is there more than one crank cam sensor?

is there more than one crank cam sensor?

No there is only one cam sensor and one crank sensor on this year WRX...like I said though, check the pins in the connectors between the battery and the washer fluid bottle...

thanks ill re-seat those connectors. hopefully thats it. its crazy how even though i have gas flowing and spark that i dont even get a jump out of it.

ok i re-seated and double checked all sensors. all looks good i even checked my timming and mark line up and belt looks good.....do yall think that the cam position sensor could have just gone out. im wondering what to check next. or i did not replace injector gaskets. do yall think bad injector gaskets could effect compression? Thanks!

ok i re-seated and double checked all sensors. all looks good i even checked my timming and mark line up and belt looks good.....do yall think that the cam position sensor could have just gone out. im wondering what to check next. or i did not replace injector gaskets. do yall think bad injector gaskets could effect compression? Thanks!
    Even with the cam sensor unplugged the car will start ( at least on the USDM 02 WRX that is...I have done it )...Perhaps the crank sensor...No the changing of the intake manifold gaskets really has nothing to do with compression..Why did you change the intake manifold gaskets in the first place? I have worked on thousands of Subarus and I have never come across one with a leaking intake manifold gasket....

There were some broken bolts for the intake so I replaced them and figured I should replace the gaskets while I was there. I will try that sensor next to see if it starts. It's really weird how this is hapening. There is not much to it but I must have done something. Thanks for the reply and if u have any other ideas it would be appresiated.

There were some broken bolts for the intake so I replaced them and figured I should replace the gaskets while I was there. I will try that sensor next to see if it starts. It's really weird how this is hapening. There is not much to it but I must have done something. Thanks for the reply and if u have any other ideas it would be appresiated.
    What bolts where broken? The bolts for the manifold?...are the fuel lines hooked up properly not backwards? you only mentioned you hear the pump come on...

Yes a couple bolts were broken and one stripped so that is why I replaced the gaskets. I checked the fuel lines and they are hooked up correctly according to alldata. I even swapped them just in case to check but still no go.

IT STARTED! replaced the crank sensor and started up. it was rough at the beginning but leveled off. runs great! thanks everyone for your help!

IT STARTED! replaced the crank sensor and started up. it was rough at the beginning but leveled off. runs great! thanks everyone for your help!
    No prob. man...did the old sensor look cracked or anything?

thats funny cuz it looked good. the only thing i could think is that maybe when i was messing with the wire harness i pulled a little too hard and it didnt like it. thats all i can figure or it was just coincidents. thats the way it goes though right.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.