i really need some help! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on i really need some help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by pittielove i would say first thing is get rid of the CAI. I suggest he keep it ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pittielove View Post
    i would say first thing is get rid of the CAI.
    I suggest he keep it and get a pro-tune. If you have it, you might as well use it, and it will extract a few more WHP and lower intake temps especially in the summer. Just my opinion. The BOV, though... ditch it
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    do you have a stage II tune?
    no i dont have a stage 2 tune do you think it would be ready to get one??

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by subaruwrx02 View Post
    no i dont have a stage 2 tune do you think it would be ready to get one??
    I'm actually not sure. I re-read your post and realized that you mentioned an "STi downpipe" I thought that the STi downpipe is a 2.5" DP, and I don't know what good that would do. I think someone else will need to chime in.

Facebook me here

I'm actually not sure. I re-read your post and realized that you mentioned an "STi downpipe" I thought that the STi downpipe is a 2.5" DP, and I don't know what good that would do. I think someone else will need to chime in.
    yeah i looked at it and its a 3 inch DP yeah the guy i bought it from said it was an STi DP but it isnt i didnt realize that the STi's were 2.5 inch

All those mods are what your prob is.
    when i bought my 02 i went out and got the works for it. CAI, TBE, BOV and so on. i did this all before i even registered the thing. The car ran like crap. couldnt figure it out.

then i did my research and found out all this crap about CAI's and BOV's, so i ditched them and went back to stock.
    i then reset the ECU with just the DP,UP, and a stage 2 flash from my AP and the car ran like a dream. so fast.

Go back to the stock set up in the front, reset the ECU and then let us know what she is doing.

I remember coming out of a toll booth the day i fixed everything... i felt like i was driving a car powered by god. truly a unbelievable run through the gears.

I do have to say you do get used to the power, and then you feel like it is not as powerful. but it is

P.S. when i was 17 i wrapped 3 cars around trees just because i didnt know how to drive a fast car. so i finally went and bout an old pick up and that slowed me down a bit. all i am saying is every time i get in my wrx i think to my self you should have to show ID to this car before it lets you in, so please be careful. The car does handle great but she will let go at some point.

let us know what you do, i would say first thing is get rid of the CAI.
    oh forreal man what is the ECU?? sorry i really dont know much about it haha like what does it do and stuff?
    Last edited by subaruwrx02; 05-13-2010 at 02:54 PM.

was that sarcastic?

If not the ecu is the comp that controls your car. Engine Control Unit.

I was testing my 02 by reseting it. the car would run great for about 10-20 miles and then when the ECU was done reading over the car it would flash a CEL. which after putting the stock air box back and reseting the ECU it stopped tripping the CEL.

I think alot of your issues are the CAI, and the BOV. My car was doing the same thing when i put the CAI on so i just ditched it.

zax
    just get the tune and ditch the BOV for a BPV.

Facebook me here

was that sarcastic?

If not the ecu is the comp that controls your car. Engine Control Unit.

I was testing my 02 by reseting it. the car would run great for about 10-20 miles and then when the ECU was done reading over the car it would flash a CEL. which after putting the stock air box back and reseting the ECU it stopped tripping the CEL.

I think alot of your issues are the CAI, and the BOV. My car was doing the same thing when i put the CAI on so i just ditched it.
    unfortuanetly i wasnt bein sarcastic like i knew what the engine control unit was i just didnt recognize the abreviation i really dont know that much about cars so im tryin to learn and everything so i joined a forum so i could learn more about them. but yeah im hopeing its a small mechanical problem just spark plugs or i have a filthy fuel filter or air filter... but when the problem is fixed ill post what the problem was i really really appreciate all the help and everything thanks man!!

just get the tune and ditch the BOV for a BPV.
    yeah im gonna get a tune and probly go ahead and get new spark plugs and filters and such thanks man for all the help i really appreciate it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.