stereo help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stereo help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys well ive got a 01 wrx ive pulled the after market head unit out that the last owner ...

stereo help

hey guys well ive got a 01 wrx ive pulled the after market head unit out that the last owner had butchered in to put a newer 1 in but to tidy it but a bit ive cut the old harness out and as i was sorting the specker wires out with the head unit powered up i notice my parker and tail light come on and when u turn the lights on the left side will work but right side will only come on as parkers same for tail lights and 1 specker wire will run with 1 head unit wire connected which is and easy fix run new wire to by pass it all this and more has happen over pass 2 years as the car has bein sitting i know rats have gotten to the head light wire in engine bay which i fixed and the knock sensor wire to which ive fix iam trying to fix it today for rego coming next week

if any 1 could help on this thanks in advance if more info is need just ask

damn its bein 2 years with not licence cant wait to drive her again

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's kind of hard to understand what you've wrote. What exactly do you need assistance with?

hey crow i was tryed when i write this well ive got a 01 wrx ive pulled the after market head unit out that the last owner had butchered in to put a newer 1 in but to tidy it up a bit ive cut the old harness out and as i was sorting the specker wires out with the head unit powered up i notice my parker and tail light come on
    well its all fix now it was just a lumanation wire

now iva got a new problem the car will only start when it wont to like it will start all day long then the next day it wont for the day and the 3rd day it will for 2 seconds and die again and u can turn it over all day and wont fire
    ive looked it up and all i can find is guys will the key pad but i dont have 1

so
    1. the motor will turn over ie starter motor but no fire
    2. i can heard the fuel pump working
    3. when it does start ive got a engine light on
    but cant get it started when i have time to get the codes read
    iam thinking crank angle sensor

if any 1 could help on this thanks in advance if more info is need just ask

damn its bein 2 years with not licence cant wait to drive her again[/QUOTE]

I was hoping you'd elaborate more instead of copying and pasting. But glad to know that problem was solved. Your second problem, scan the codes and see what comes up. It's stored on the ECU. Was it running fine before you had the problem with the head unit? Has the car been sitting for 2 years?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    i cant read your post with no punctuation or capitalization are you trying to type the worlds longest sentence or what youmightaswellstartypinglikethisbecausenoonesgoing tobeabletounderstandyouifyourejustramblingwithnobr ealswhatsoeveritbecomesextremelydificulttoreadtryf ormingcolpletesentencesinthefutureandthrowinaparag raphbreakhereandtherethiswayyouwillsurelyrecievemo rehelp

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.