turbo loosing boost
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on turbo loosing boost within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have stock gague since i bought the 03wrx the boost gague has never gone above .1 now every now ...

Exclamation turbo loosing boost

i have stock gague since i bought the 03wrx the boost gague has never gone above .1 now every now and then it wont go above .5 after i changed oil in car it went back to .1 but never higher now its not going above .5 on boost gague any help would be great also should factory boost gague get up close to .15 please let me know
    Last edited by johnrengers; 05-08-2010 at 03:12 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you might have a leak... check vac. lines. and stock boost max is .1
    VF-43 Bugeye: OPEN SOURCE tune... 121xxx miles

13.1@105... Lazy launch 1.9 60'
    285whp and 300WTQ.

Smile

thank you i will look at vac lines and thankks again for letting me know stock boost is .1

Yes, you won't see .15 unless you are modified. And as wrxlaunch said, max on stock set up is .1 or very slightly under.

Good luck, if its a leak, hope you find it.
    02 MBP Stg 2 Bugeye
    Bugeye Mafia #107

WRB '02 Stage 2+ WRX - SOLD (and dearly missed)

07 OBP WRX (Wife's) SOLD

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    In your case it sounds like the ECU is pulling boost when you see .5 (you need to be able to log the IAM to tell). If that is the case it could be a variety of mechanical issues like vacuum or boost leaks (which could also potentially be sufficient to explain the low boost), fuel, etc.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

get an OBD II scanner and check if ur ecu has stored any codes without triggering the CEL. Clean MAF and check for leaks, exhaust and vac; ie exhaust before the turbo. and possibly check turbo inlet if u can, intercooler couplers... etc
    VF-43 Bugeye: OPEN SOURCE tune... 121xxx miles

13.1@105... Lazy launch 1.9 60'
    285whp and 300WTQ.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.