Throttle body vacume line??

This is a discussion on Throttle body vacume line?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was cleaning my motor and I noticed that there's a hose missing from my throttle body, I did some ...

Throttle body vacume line??

I was cleaning my motor and I noticed that there's a hose missing from my throttle body, I did some searching with no luck as to where it goes, here's a pic.

Does anyone know where the hose is supposed to lead to??

Tia,
    Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Somebody did the coolant line delete mod. It's not a vacuum line that goes there but a coolant line to keep the throttle plate from freezing shut. There is an outlet at the bottom as well.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+1 To what Donkey said...I will say this, This mod is done on my WRX and I'm not to sure what part of AZ your in but around here over the winter it got extremely cold, I drove my WRX and I actually did have the throttle plate freeze a tad, Its kind of scary fore the RPM's stuck at like 5k, I just turned the key off, waited a few minutes, pumped the accelerator and started her again and everything was ok...Just mentioning this

Well, after the advice I've heard from you guys, I think I'll leave it the way it is then!! I live in Casa Grande it's between Phx and Tucson and it gets pretty dang cold here in the winter, low 30's to be exact (yes that's cold to me)!!!!

P.S. This forum is the BOMB. There's not one question I haven't gotten answered yet!!
    Last edited by Mark_02WRX; 05-07-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_02WRX View Post

P.S. This forum is the BOMB. There's not one question I haven't gotten answered yet!!
    Just give it time....joking of course... It is a great forum, there are a lot of smart people here and good resources..