Fog Out!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fog Out! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2003 WRX and my driver fog light is out. I had been running higher watt bulbs so ...

Fog Out!

I have a 2003 WRX and my driver fog light is out. I had been running higher watt bulbs so I figured it just melted the connection to the bulb inside the lamp I checked it and it was ok and no burnt smell either. The bulb was obviously blown so I replaced it, still no luck. I was wondering if there is a fuse somewhere that could be blown? If anyone has any knowledge of the wiring please help!? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's JUST the right side? If the passenger side is still working, your fuse is fine. How much higher of wattage are we talking here? Because if it was high enough you could have overloaded the wiring anywhere down the line, not just near the light housing.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Re

Yes just the driver side. I had the same thoughts about it being a fuse since the fuse is for both sides. They were just the Luminics JDM yellow bulbs. Bulb number is H3. I think something is jacked up with the wiring because the regular lights were all switched around like the wiring for the high beams and the low beams. And now when I turn the fogs on my high beam lught on the dash comes on. This just started happening after I unplugged the daytime running lights under the glove box. But the fog light went out before I did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    It's JUST the right side? If the passenger side is still working, your fuse is fine. How much higher of wattage are we talking here? Because if it was high enough you could have overloaded the wiring anywhere down the line, not just near the light housing.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.