Turbo Not Turbo-ing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Turbo Not Turbo-ing within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sounds like that should do it. I somehow missed you had posted boost readings or I wouldn't have gone on ...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like that should do it. I somehow missed you had posted boost readings or I wouldn't have gone on about the BCS (wherein you would have seen the 7 PSI).

Bummer about the bolts. You should grab some PB blaster and always pre-soak stuff like that. You really need to get a heat shield back on there as tempting as it is going to be to leave it off (and don't leave it rattling or it may bug your knock sensor).
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It was the wastegate cylinder arm. I was able to salvage two bolts with wd40, so the heat guard is secured.

The only "problem" was that we thought it wasn't the arm, because when we turned the car back on and reved the engine, the turbo didn't engage. We thought it was still busted until I left the house in defeat, only to see the turbo gauge zoom to +10

Is that normal behavior?

gotta have load on the engine to show positive boost.. well, full boost anyway. On a unloaded rev you might get out of vac but it'll only be in the higher rpm. Once the engine has a load on it the exhaust pressure and velocity are much greater. This is what spools the turbo.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12