Boost ??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost ?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When I was cleaning my WRX yesterday I accidently unlocked the MBC and it got turned like prob 20 (guess) ...

Boost ??

When I was cleaning my WRX yesterday I accidently unlocked the MBC and it got turned like prob 20 (guess) clicks...I turned it back around 20 clicks and locked it down however my the car is not hitting boost levels as it was before Im around 6 PSI off...IS there any simple way to go about gettting it back to where it was? Its an 02 WRX Built 2.5 Hybrid motor, GT32 Turbo, Alcohol Injection yada yada....Tuned by Romraider...

Thanks in advance for anyones time and words...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    maybe it's too simple... but what about turning up the boost on the MBC until you hit target boost?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What type of MBC is it? Typically the manufacturer instructions will have the initial setup instructions including how far from which position (left or right) is an increase in boost.

If you can't find that information, Sinister's method is really the only way. Turn it up one or two clicks at a time until you're reaching your desired targets agian.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    maybe it's too simple... But what about turning up the boost on the mbc until you hit target boost?
    +1
    VF-43 Bugeye: OPEN SOURCE tune... 121xxx miles

13.1@105... Lazy launch 1.9 60'
    285whp and 300WTQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    maybe it's too simple... but what about turning up the boost on the MBC until you hit target boost?
    I was thinking about that and I know you adjust them in small increments however, I was also thinking about how this might affect the ECU in terms of well...the adjustment of fueling parameters and such, I am prob thinking into it to much... ..I started adjusting it a tad this morning and I think I turned it a click or two to many fore I got a little boost spike.....
    Thanks man..

I Support ClubWRX
    How's she running now?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    How's she running now?
    Thanks man!...Im not new to Subaru's or even The boosted boxers ( I'm actually a tech for Subaru ) however in the aftermarket I start to lose steam haha...nonetheless I do appreciate the help...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Thanks man!...Im not new to Subaru's or even The boosted boxers ( I'm actually a tech for Subaru ) however in the aftermarket I start to lose steam haha...nonetheless I do appreciate the help...
    I'm quite the opposite... don't know much in the way of vehicle repair, but I'm fairly heavily knowledgeable in the aftermarket side of things... Maybe we need to open a shop together. We need to throw Ron in on a Dyno, and we'd have a trifecta of subaru knowledge.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.