hiss at front of engine

This is a discussion on hiss at front of engine within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a hissing sound toward the front of my engine on the passenger side. I think it is lower ...

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX

hiss at front of engine

I have a hissing sound toward the front of my engine on the passenger side. I think it is lower possibly by the manifold or even higher more towards the turbo inlet. Im not sure exactly where because it only happens occasionally at idle. What do you think it is? I know this isn't a lot of information, but i need a place start.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    What do you think it is?
    Something that a spray bottle with soapy water will localize.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    im not sure where to spray though because like i said it could be from the bottom to the top of the engine. Would i just spray everywhere?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I Support ClubWRX
    See if you can localize the noise with the motor just instantly turned off. If you can, it can be either air or a fluid. If you cannot, it is probably air. Knowing this, follow plumbing and tubing and exclude regions or components systematically.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    i know its when the car is on, because it does it on and off when idling. its like vacuum or exhaust but i just have no idea where to look for it.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300