Got a Grinding noise maybe someone could help

This is a discussion on Got a Grinding noise maybe someone could help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so about a week ago i was drivin home and i was only a couple blocks away from home when ...

Exclamation Got a Grinding noise maybe someone could help

so about a week ago i was drivin home and i was only a couple blocks away from home when the rear end of my wrx started to grind and pop so as soon as i got home i pulled it into the garage and jacked up the rear end and looked around only to find nothing then i went and grabbed each wheel at 3 and 9 o'clock positions and the drivers side rear had alot of slack and knocked so i pulled the rear wheel assembly off and found lots of play in the bearing so i got a new one and had it pressed in (bearing $47, shop work $46) and then took it back and reassembled it, once i was done i pulled it out of the garage and drove it around the block only to find that it was still grinding (like metal to metal contact REAL LOUD) and then pulled back up in the garage and found that the rear driver wheel still has lots of slack when i wiggled it if anyone else out there might have a suggestion please drop a line so i dont have to spend hundreds of dollars in shop charges

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Moved thread to trouble shooting forum.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC