2002 wrx low idle? please help

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx low idle? please help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey i have a 2002 wrx a few bolt ons done nothing major but the car when running warm at ...

Exclamation 2002 wrx low idle? please help

hey i have a 2002 wrx a few bolt ons done nothing major but the car when running warm at idle the rpms seem low to me right around 400-500 rpms when idling cold its much higher around 1000 to 1500 rpms what could be wrong and how can i check pm me or reply on this thread thanks tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not sure what you're getting at considering the 1st line on your tachometer is 500 RPM and cold start is supposed to be higher than when the engine is warmed up.

Whats the problem??
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    i'm not sure what you're getting at considering the 1st line on your tachometer is 500 rpm and cold start is supposed to be higher than when the engine is warmed up.
    +1

I have 2002 wrx and it idles around 500-700 depending but it does idle higher when cold, but an access port can change your idle if you want.

Registered User Thecabindweller's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wannadrive View Post
    I have 2002 wrx and it idles around 500-700 depending but it does idle higher when cold, but an access port can change your idle if you want.
    yes.
    2003 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Guys if your car is actually idling at 500, that means that when at idle the tach needle has not moved. The tach's first graduation is 500. The second is 750, and the third 1K. The needle is usually between the second and third, meaning it's at 750 or higher.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Idle speed should be at 750 +/- 100 RPM. If he's not seeing above 500 RPM on warm idle, he could have an IACV problem. However, a 1500 RPM cold idle is normal.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Registered User Thecabindweller's Avatar
    i missed that hidden tach down by the 0, looks like i do idle just above 750 rpm.
    2003 WRX