05 WRX Clicking noise!

This is a discussion on 05 WRX Clicking noise! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Have a 05 Wrx when I am heavy on the gas and it gets higher in the rpms it makes ...

05 WRX Clicking noise!

Have a 05 Wrx when I am heavy on the gas and it gets higher in the rpms it makes a clicking kind of noise anyone know what this would be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by shachwrx View Post
    Have a 05 Wrx when I am heavy on the gas and it gets higher in the rpms it makes a clicking kind of noise anyone know what this would be?
    How many miles are on the vehicle? Does it increase with engine RPM? Say you are sitting still and you rev the engine does it make the noise? If you are cruising on the highway say at 60 mph and and throw it in neutral than give it a little gas does it do it make the noise? Is your boost normal?

lifter tick as the engine gets old or its rod knock, do you beat the sh** out of the car?

lets hope its just lifter tick!

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    How many miles are on the vehicle? Does it increase with engine RPM? Say you are sitting still and you rev the engine does it make the noise? If you are cruising on the highway say at 60 mph and and throw it in neutral than give it a little gas does it do it make the noise? Is your boost normal?
    There is 96000km on the car not miles, it stays the same I tried cruising and putting into neutral and giving it gas didnt do it. The car is stock right now!

Hi bro, did u find out what the problem was? I think i might have the same issue...