help!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 02 wrx with an hks exhaust. Aem cai, hks bov,turbo timer,and a mbc. When it was working ...

Question help!

I have an 02 wrx with an hks exhaust. Aem cai, hks bov,turbo timer,and a mbc. When it was working right it would make 17 psi of boost and drop to maybe 14 after about 5500 rpms which I considered fairly normal. But about a week ago it started dropping all the way down to 10 at an early 4500rpms and it would spool up very slow so I replaced the fuel filter and it spooled up fine again for a few days and now it just got a lot worse. It will only make 11 psi Max and the needle on my boost gauge gets real shaky and drops to 5 psi.a wrx with no power is NO fun. I personally think my Turbo is out but I'm no mechanic. I've also heard the injectors can cause similar problems

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have any kind of engine management? If not, you're doing it horribly wrong, and I feel sorry for your car.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I do not have engine management. The thing is I bought the car with thus setup and at the time it had 68k miles and now its got 109k and it always worked perfectly fine. Even ran a 13.5 1/4 mile and it just started this in the last 400 miles

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.