help!

This is a discussion on help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 02 wrx with an hks exhaust. Aem cai, hks bov,turbo timer,and a mbc. When it was working ...

Question help!

I have an 02 wrx with an hks exhaust. Aem cai, hks bov,turbo timer,and a mbc. When it was working right it would make 17 psi of boost and drop to maybe 14 after about 5500 rpms which I considered fairly normal. But about a week ago it started dropping all the way down to 10 at an early 4500rpms and it would spool up very slow so I replaced the fuel filter and it spooled up fine again for a few days and now it just got a lot worse. It will only make 11 psi Max and the needle on my boost gauge gets real shaky and drops to 5 psi.a wrx with no power is NO fun. I personally think my Turbo is out but I'm no mechanic. I've also heard the injectors can cause similar problems

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have any kind of engine management? If not, you're doing it horribly wrong, and I feel sorry for your car.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I do not have engine management. The thing is I bought the car with thus setup and at the time it had 68k miles and now its got 109k and it always worked perfectly fine. Even ran a 13.5 1/4 mile and it just started this in the last 400 miles