o2 sensor help

This is a discussion on o2 sensor help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello. I am having sensor problems with my 2002 wrx. It is currently giving me the following codes. P0037 ho2s ...

o2 sensor help

Hello. I am having sensor problems with my 2002 wrx. It is currently giving me the following codes.

P0037 ho2s heater ckt low

p0031 ho2s 1/1 heater ckt low

p1131 manufacturer specific dtc

I have replaced the sensors before but iv been reading about alot of failures using the Bosch 15730 sensors. I am also not sure which code is for which sensor. There is one behind the front right wheel and one in the exhause pipe under the passenger side of the car. Which sensor brand do you recommend? Also what kind of sensors are they? wideband or regular o2 sensors?

Thank You very much
    Matthew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What mods are done to the vehicle? How many miles are on the vehicle? Many people say that the rear o2 sensor can be bought in the aftermarket and everything will be ok, however personally whenever I replace pretty much any sensor on a Subaru I go OEM. As far as AF sensor (wide band) vs. o2 sensor goes it usually depends on whether the vehicle is an automatic or a manual. The front o2 sensor is the one behind the front wheel and the rear is the other one your seeing under the vehicle...How long as the CEL been present? Where all the codes thrown at the same time? Is there any way you can look at freeze frame data? The P1131 is front o2 sensor short circuit malfunction. What o2 sensors are currently in the vehicle the OEM ones or aftermarket?

all that is done to the engine is a catless exhaust and a cold air intake. It is a manual with just under 93000 miles on it. The CEL has been on for about a year and a half but i have only driven it about 700 miles in that time frame. lol. i have the code scanner from advanced and it does display live data and such. the front o2 sensor is a bosch that i put in earlier when owning the car. im thinking that i wired it wrong. it came with 2 whites a blue and a black but the colors on the cars wiring were different. i will verify this. I did find the problem with the rear sensor today. seems the plug fell down under the car and got pinched between the frame and the ground. so the plug is no longer in existence and the wires are all torn up. and im in the same boat wiring this new bosch sensor in. ontop of reading that the wire in sensors never work, the wire colors do not match. im not sure what to do. return this sensor i bought today or solder it in for great connections and it will work. Thanks for you help.

I Support ClubWRX
    Never use universal sensors (wire in). Always use vehicle specific. Did you reuse the connector from your old O2 sensor? The P0031 is for the front and the P0037 is for the rear. The P1131 is Front oxygen sensor circuit malfunction (short circuit)
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S