Turbo Issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Turbo Issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by T.J. No dice. Pretty much any turbo upgrade requires exhaust, fuel upgrades and a tune of some ...

Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    No dice. Pretty much any turbo upgrade requires exhaust, fuel upgrades and a tune of some sort. Sounds like you should just pick up a used turbo for $200 and some gaskets and be done w/ it.
    Yea I'm probably going to do that. Anyone have one!? lol!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_02WRX View Post
    Are you talking about the up pipe?? As far as the cat goes, I don't see one lol. When I went under the car, all I see is the downpipe from the turbo leading to a full 3" exhaust with no cat.
    were you looking in the right place?

ps: Attn '02-'05 WRX Owners: The Importance of the Uppipe Mod

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_02WRX View Post
    Are you talking about the up pipe?? As far as the cat goes, I don't see one lol. When I went under the car, all I see is the downpipe from the turbo leading to a full 3" exhaust with no cat.
    If your stock then your up-pipe is catted. Me and my stepson worked on his 02 a while ago with same rattle/boost issues and via header/uncatted-UP install we found the issue was the stock cat on the UP side.

Good luck!

I Support ClubWRX

Thumbs down

I think replacing the turbo as a whole is jumping the gun. How did you go from completely stock to a full turbo back exhaust? A turbo back exhaust without engine management is going to cause higher than normal boost especially in colder weather. I don't think its the 100% cause of this problem buts its not helping. Try cleaning the boost solenoid with some electronics cleaner and check the vacuum lines. And list all your mods.......
    Last edited by Donkey; 04-28-2010 at 06:39 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Well, I have no clue why but the ratteling sound has pretty much gone away. When I start the car, I can barely barely hear it for a few seconds then it goes away, it's also boosting smoothly, doesn't spike or creep anymore...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12